If you need to talk to a live person in the United States Postal Service customer service department perform following steps:
- Dial 1-800-275-8777 or 1-800-ASK-USPS
- Press 0 at the first prompt
- Press 0 again when you hear an automated voice
- Keep pressing 0 every time you hear an automate voice. Eventually this will lead you to a live customer service representative.
Live USPS customer service is available on this phone 8am-8.30pm EST on Monday-Friday and from 8am-6pm EST on Saturday.
If you’re not sure which support option you need please refer to the menu below which lists many available options:
- Say “package” to track a package or contact about a lost or damaged package
- Say “stamps” to order stamps or check order status
- Say “carrier” for delivery issues say
- Say “mail” for a change of address, USPS hours and USPS locations, redelivery inquiries, hold mail, pricing or zip code
- Say “other” for all other inquiries
- Press 1 for passport
- Press 2 for supplies
- Press 3 for technical support
- Press 4 for fraud
- Press 5 for business
USPS Social Networks Support
To contact a live customer service from USPS on Twitter navigate to USPS Help Twitter page and click “Message”.
To contact a live customer service from USPS on Facebook navigate to USPS Facebook page and click “Send message”.
To contact USPS via e-mail navigate to USPS email page and following instructions.
Following customer service topics are available via e-mail support:
- Where is my mail?
- Where is my package?
- Personell questions
- USPS.com questions
- Postal facility issues
- Business inquiries
USPS.com website and applications technical support
Dial 1-800-344-7779 if you have problems with USPS.com website or applications. USPS technical support is available Monday-Friday from 8am-8.30pm EST and on Saturday from 8am-6pm EST.
USPS Tools and Help
For USPS FAQ navigate to http://faq.usps.com/.
For USPS tracking navigate to USPS tracking page.