Below are steps to contact First Premier Bank customer service and get a live person on the phone:
- Dial 1-800-501-6535.
- Press 2 (for information on your online banking, mobile banking or bill pay).
- Stay on the line.
- After that, the automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from First Premier Bank.
First Premier Bank Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 for information on your credit card.
- Press 2 for information on your online banking, mobile banking or bill pay.
- Press 3 for information on your debit cards or other deposit accounts.
- Press 4 for information on your loan account.
- Press 5 for access to our 24-hour Bank-by-Phone.
- Press 6 to repeat these menu options.
First Premier Bank Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live First Premier Bank customer service is available from 7am to 10pm EST Monday-Friday, from 9am to 5pm EST Saturday, Sunday closed.
First Premier Bank Support Phone Numbers
- First PREMIER Bank customer service phone number: 1-800-501-6535. Live First Premier Bank customer service is available from 7am to 10pm EST Monday-Friday, from 9am to 5pm EST Saturday, Sunday closed.
- Banking customers: 1-800-501-6535.
- Credit card customers: 1-800-987-5521.
- Bank-by-Phone: 1-800-315-6350.
- Questions or concerns about privacy policies or practices: 1-800-501-7547.
First Premier Bank Web Links
First Premier Bank Mailing Addresses
First PREMIER Bank:
601 S. Minnesota Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
First Premier Bank Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service is not available from First Premier Bank. To contact a First Premier Bank live customer service representative you need to dial 1-800-501-6535 and follow the instructions above.
First Premier Bank Help Center
- You can get more information about First Premier Bank Customers on the First Premier Bank Customers Support page.
First Premier Bank support email
- Questions or concerns about privacy policies or practices: [email protected]
How do I speak to a live person if First Premier Bank contact number is not working?
It is possible that contact number may become disconnected or overloaded when number of calls is just too high. During such events we recommend to use other shortcuts to get help quickly:
- Connect to a live chat on a First Premier Bank website.
- Open First Premier Bank Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other supported social network and send a direct message there.
- If e-mail address is available send an e-mail. It is possible that e-mail may be answered quicker than getting through a phone support and you will have something in written to which you can refer later in your communication.