If you need to talk to a live person in the United States Postal Service customer service department perform following steps:
- Dial 1-800-222-1811. If this number doesn’t work for you try 1-800-275-8777 or 1-800-ASK-USPS
- When you hear an automated voice asking you to say required option, say “Agent”.
- The automated voice will confirm if you really need to speak to an agent. Say “Yes” to proceed.
- If you’re calling during office hours you will be connected to a live agent. If not you will hear USPS customer service hours information and return to the main menu
Live USPS customer service is available on this phone 8am-8.30pm EST on Monday-Friday and from 8am-6pm EST on Saturday.
If you’re not sure which support option you need please refer to the menu below which lists many available options:
- Say “package” to track a package or contact about a lost or damaged package
- Say “stamps” to order stamps or check order status
- Say “carrier” for delivery issues say
- Say “mail” for a change of address, USPS hours and USPS locations, redelivery inquiries, hold mail, pricing or zip code
- Say “other” for all other inquiries
- Press 1 for passport
- Press 2 for supplies
- Press 3 for technical support
- Press 4 for fraud
- Press 5 for business
USPS Social Networks Support
To contact a live customer service from USPS on Twitter navigate to USPS Help Twitter page and click “Message”.
To contact a live customer service from USPS on Facebook navigate to USPS Facebook page and click “Send message”.
To contact USPS via e-mail navigate to USPS email page and following instructions.
Following customer service topics are available via e-mail support:
- Where is my mail?
- Where is my package?
- Personnel questions
- USPS.com questions
- Postal facility issues
- Business inquiries
USPS.com website and applications technical support
Dial 1-800-344-7779 if you have problems with USPS.com website or applications. USPS technical support is available Monday-Friday from 8am-8.30pm EST and on Saturday from 8am-6pm EST.
USPS Tools and Help
For USPS FAQ navigate to http://faq.usps.com/.
For USPS tracking navigate to USPS tracking page.
Thank you for feedback from our commenters! We updated USPS post and it should have the most relevant USPS live customer service information now.