Below are steps to contact IDES customer service and get a live person on the phone:
- Dial 1-800-244-5631
- Press 1 (for English)
- Stay on the line
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from IDES
IDES Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 to hear a message regarding the federal stimulus package.
- Press 2 to hear a message regarding the day of the week on which you should file your claim.
To certify for benefits or to inquire about the status of your unemployment insurance claim:
- Visit www.ides.illinois.gov
- Or call 1-312-338-4337 (These services are available from 5am to 7.30pm Monday-Friday)
Illinois Unemployment Claims Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live Illinois Unemployment Claims customer service is available from 8:30am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Illinois Unemployment Claims Support Phone Numbers
- Illinois Unemployment Claims Support Phone Number: 1-800-244-5631. Live Illinois Unemployment Claims customer service is available from 8:30am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Individuals who have been scheduled for an Appeal hearing: 1-800-244-5631.
- Help desk for login information (username and password), error messages, or navigating your job search: 1-877-342-7533.
- KeyBank Customer Service: 1-866-295-2955.
Illinois Unemployment Claims Web Links
IDES support email
To contact with customer support via e-mail use the following IDES contact form.
Illinois Unemployment Claims Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service is not available from Illinois Unemployment Claims. To contact a live customer service representative you need to dial 1-800-244-5631 and follow instructions above.
Illinois Unemployment Claims Help Page
You can find more information at Illinois Unemployment Claims FAQ page.
How do I speak to a live person if Illinois Department Of Employment Security contact number is not working?
It is possible that contact number may become disconnected or overloaded when number of calls is just too high. During such events we recommend to use other shortcuts to get help quickly:
- Connect to a live chat on a Illinois Department Of Employment Security website.
- Open Illinois Department Of Employment Security Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other supported social network and send a direct message there.
- If e-mail address is available send an e-mail. It is possible that e-mail may be answered quicker than getting through a phone support and you will have something in written to which you can refer later in your communication.