Below are steps to contact British Gas customer service and get a live person on the phone:
- Dial 0871-472-1674
- Press 1 (to discuss your gas or electricity account)
- Say what you’re calling about
- Enter your customer reference number or press the star key (if you don’t have it)
- Stay on the line
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from British Gas
British Gas Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 to discus your gas or electricity account.
- Press 2 if you have a question about heating or home care.
- Press 3 if you wish to become a new British Gas customer.
British Gas Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live British Gas customer service is available from 8am to 10pm Monday-Friday, from 8am to 6pm Saturday-Sunday.
British Gas Support Phone Numbers
- British Gas Support Phone Number: 0871-472-1674 (overseas – +44-113-298-0900 toll-free). Live British Gas customer service is available from 8am to 10pm Monday-Friday, from 8am to 6pm Saturday-Sunday.
- Priority Services Register: 0800-072-8625.
- The National Gas Emergency: 0800-111-999.
- Account enquiries: 0330-332-0977. Live customer service representatives from British Gas are available from 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
British Gas UK Web Links
- British Gas Official Web Site
- British Gas Facebook page
- British Gas Twitter page
- British Gas Youtube page
British Gas Mailing Addresses
General queries and correspondence:
British Gas, PO Box 227, ROTHERHAM, S98 1PD
British Gas, Complaints Management Team, PO Box 226, Rotherham, S98 1PB
British Gas support email
British Gas doesn’t offer live support via e-mail.
British Gas Live Chat Support
Below are steps to contact British Gas customer service by chat:
- Go to the British Gas Support page.
- Press the “Live Chat”.
- Start chat.
British Gas Help Page
You can find more information at British Gas Customers Support page.
How do I speak to a live person if British Gas contact number is not working?
It is possible that contact number may become disconnected or overloaded when number of calls is just too high. During such events we recommend to use other shortcuts to get help quickly:
- Connect to a live chat on a British Gas website.
- Open British Gas Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other supported social network and send a direct message there.
- If e-mail address is available send an e-mail. It is possible that e-mail may be answered quicker than getting through a phone support and you will have something in written to which you can refer later in your communication.