Below are steps to contact KCP&L customer service and get a live person on the phone:
- Dial 1-816-471-5275 or 1-888-471-5275
- Stay on the line
- After that, the automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from KCP&L
KCP&L Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 to report a power problem
- Press 2 for payment options
- Press 3 for billing information
- Press 4 to stop, start, or transfer service or for construction-related request
- Press 5 for Spanish
- Press 8 to repeat these options
KCP&L Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live KCP&L customer service is available 24 hours a day seven days a week.
KCP&L Support Phone Numbers
- KCP&L Support Phone Number: 1-816-471-5275 or 1-888-471-5275. Live KCP&L customer service is available 24 hours a day seven days a week.
- Report a Power Outage or a Downed Power Line: 1-888-544-4852.
- Builder and Electrician Inquiries: 1-816-701-0363.
- TDD/TTY Missouri Customers: 1-800-735-2966.
- TDD/TTY Kansas Customers: 1-800-766-3777.
- Special Payment and Billing Issues: 1-816-471-5275 or 1-888-471-52757.
KCP&L Web Links
KCP&L Mailing Address
Kansas & Missouri service areas:
P.O. Box 219330
Kansas City, MO 64121-9330
Greater Missouri Operations service area:
P.O. Box 219703
Kansas City, MO 64121-9703
KCP&L Support support email
Email customer service option is not supported by KCP&L.
KCP&L Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service option is not supported by KCP&L. To contact a live customer service representative you need to dial 1-816-471-5275 or 1-888-471-5275 and follow instructions above.
KCP&L Help Page
More information you can find at KCP&L Help Page.
How do I speak to a live person if Kcpl contact number is not working?
It is possible that contact number may become disconnected or overloaded when number of calls is just too high. During such events we recommend to use other shortcuts to get help quickly:
- Connect to a live chat on a Kcpl website.
- Open Kcpl Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other supported social network and send a direct message there.
- If e-mail address is available send an e-mail. It is possible that e-mail may be answered quicker than getting through a phone support and you will have something in written to which you can refer later in your communication.