Below are steps to contact Texas DPS customer service and get a live person on the phone:
- Dial 1-512-424-2000
- Press 0 (to speak with an operator) or stay on the line
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Texas DPS
Texas DPS Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 for driver license and driver record inquiries.
- Press 2 for information on vehicle title, registration.
- Press 3 to reach customer service for your concealed handgun, private security, metals recycling or vehicle inspection program.
- Press 4 to obtain information about criminal history record information.
- Press 5 to reach a resources.
- Press 6 to report suspicious terrorism or crime-related activity.
- Press 9 to repeat these menu.
- Press 0 to speak with an operator.
Texas DPS Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live Texas DPS customer service is available from 8am to 5:30pm CT Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Texas DPS Support Phone Numbers
- Texas DPS Support Phone Number: 1-512-424-2000. Live Texas DPS customer service is available from 8am to 5:30pm CT Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Capitol Service – Parking Administration: 1-512-936-2207.
- Combined DNA Index System (CODIS): 1-512-424-2790.
- Crime Laboratory Service: 1-512-424-2105.
- Crime Records – Fingerprint Service and Criminal History: 1-512-424-5079.
- Criminal Investigations Division – Chief’s Office: 1-512-424-2130.
- Criminal Investigations Division – Drug / Gang / Human Trafficking Programs: 1-512-424-0700.
- Criminal Investigations Division – Polygraph School: 1-512-424-7958.
- Driver License Customer Service: 1-512-424-2600.
- Drug Trafficking: 1-800-868-6274.
- Handgun Licensing, Metals Registration, Precursor Chemical, Private Security (RSD) and Vehicle Inspection: 1-512-424-7293.
- Headquarters Security: 1-512-424-2290.
- Human Resources Bureau: 1-512-424-5900.
- Marijuana Cultivation: 1-800-868-6274.
- Media and Communications Office: 1-512-424-2080.
- Precursor Chemical: 1-512-424-7293.
- Public Integrity Unit: 1-512-424-2160.
- Report Suspicious Activity: 1-844-643-2251.
- Roadside Assistance: 1-800-525-5555.
- School Bus Transportation: 1-512-424-7396.
- Texas Crime Stoppers: 1-800-252-8477.
- Texas Data Exchange (TDEx): 1-512-424-2629.
- Texas Fusion Center (TxFC): 1-866-786-5972.
- Texas Rangers Division: 1-512-424-2160.
- Victim Services: 1-512-424-2211.
Texas DPS Web Links
Texas DPS Mailing Addresses
Texas Department of Public Safety:
PO Box 4087
Austin, TX 78773-0001
Texas DPS support email
- Capitol Service – Parking Administration: [email protected]
- Combined DNA Index System (CODIS): [email protected]
- Crime Laboratory Service: [email protected]
- To email Driver License Customer Service use the following Texas DPS contact form.
- Media and Communications Office: [email protected]
- Public Integrity Unit: [email protected]
- School Bus Transportation: [email protected]
- Texas Crime Stoppers: [email protected]
- Texas Data Exchange (TDEx): [email protected]
- Texas Fusion Center (TxFC): [email protected]
Texas DPS Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service is not available from Texas DPS.
Texas DPS Help Page
You can find more information about Texas DPS at Texas DPS page.