If you need to talk to a live person in the BB&T customer service department you should dial 1-800-226-5228 phone number. Wait until the automated voice prompts you to say your questions and say “Agent”. The automated voice system will then prompt you to confirm your request to speak with a live agent. Once you do it you will be connected with a live customer service representative.
If you’re not sure which support option you need please refer to the menu below which lists all other available options:
- Press 1 for banking services and existing account information
- Press 2 to report a lost or stolen card or checkbook or to report a fraudulent activity
- Press 3 to place a check order or to inquire about recent order for checking, savings, or line of credit accounts
- Press 4 to inquire about new accounts
- Press 5 to activate a card or change the pin associated with your card
- Press 8 for an interactive demonstration of BB&T phone 24
BB&T Support Phone Numbers
- For Debit cards: 1-800-226-5228
- For Credit cards: 1-800-476-4228
- For Hearing impaired clients: 1-888-833-4228
- International: 1-910-914-8250
BB&T Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live BB&T customer service is available from 6 am to midnight ET.
BB&T Web Links
BB&T Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service option is not supported by BB&T.
How do I speak to a live person if Bbt contact number is not working?
It is possible that contact number may become disconnected or overloaded when number of calls is just too high. During such events we recommend to use other shortcuts to get help quickly:
- Connect to a live chat on a Bbt website.
- Open Bbt Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other supported social network and send a direct message there.
- If e-mail address is available send an e-mail. It is possible that e-mail may be answered quicker than getting through a phone support and you will have something in written to which you can refer later in your communication.