Below are steps to contact Pennsylvania DMV customer service and get a live person on the phone:
- Dial 1-717-412-5300
- Press 1 (for English)
- Stay on the line
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles
PA DMV Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 if you would like REAL ID, driver licensing or photo ID services.
- Press 2 for motor vehicle, titling, registration or parking placard services.
- Press 3 for exam scheduling services.
- Press 4 for service center locations and services.
- Press 5 if you would like to hear about services and information found on our website.
- Press 6 for apportioned services.
Pennsylvania DMV Customer Service Representatives Hours
Live Pennsylvania DMV customer service is available from 8am to 5pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles Support Phone Numbers
- Pennsylvania DMV Support Phone Number: 1-717-412-5300. Live Pennsylvania DMV customer service is available from 8am to 5pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- TTY: 711.
- Driver and vehicle service surveys: 1-800-265-0921.
Pennsylvania DMV Web Links
- Pennsylvania DMV Official Web Site
- Pennsylvania DMV Facebook page
- Pennsylvania DMV Twitter page
- PennDOT YouTube page
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Instagram page
Pennsylvania DMV Mailing Addresses
General Mailing Address
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
1101 South Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104
License Plate Return
BMV Return Tag Unit
P.O. Box 68597
Harrisburg, PA 17106-8597
Pennsylvania DMV support email
- Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit, or Photo ID Card Questions: Driver’s License contact form.
- Motor Vehicle Questions: Motor Vehicle contact form.
- Apportioned Registration Questions: Apportioned Registration contact form.
- Out-of-State and New Resident Questions: Out-of-State and New Resident contact form.
Pennsylvania DMV Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service is not available from Pennsylvania DMV. To contact a live customer service representative you need to dial 1-717-412-5300 and follow the instructions above.
Pennsylvania DMV Help Page
You can find more information at PA DMV Support page.
How do I speak to a live person if Pa Dmv contact number is not working?
It is possible that contact number may become disconnected or overloaded when number of calls is just too high. During such events we recommend to use other shortcuts to get help quickly:
- Connect to a live chat on a Pa Dmv website.
- Open Pa Dmv Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other supported social network and send a direct message there.
- If e-mail address is available send an e-mail. It is possible that e-mail may be answered quicker than getting through a phone support and you will have something in written to which you can refer later in your communication.